Artificial Neural Networks Versus Genetic Programming for Estimating Temperature Decrease in Green Roof


AYATA T., ERDEMİR D. , Özkan Ö. T.

International Conference on Natural Science and Engineering (ICNASE’16), Kilis, Turkey, 19 - 20 March 2016, vol.1, no.1, pp.2196-2202

  • Publication Type: Conference Paper / Full Text
  • Volume: 1
  • City: Kilis
  • Country: Turkey
  • Page Numbers: pp.2196-2202

Abstract

In this study, artificial neural network (ANN) and genetic programming were compared toestimate daily temperature decrease in green roof. The daily climatic variables were collected by 9 meteorological stations last 10 years. The ANN model were trained on 70% ofthe climatic data and tested using the remaining 30%. The “Levenberg-Marquardt backpropagation” model was used in ANN as a reference target for temperature decrease values. The results showed that the temperature decrease model developed using the genetic programming model were slightly more accurate than developed using the ANN model. The ANN models’ determination coefficient (R2) is 99.05% and root mean square error (RMSE) value is 0.9043. The genetic programming models’ R2 value is 94.01% and RMSE value is 2.2894. The ANN models performed slightly better than the genetic programming model.

 

Bu çalışmada, yapay sinir ağları (YSA) ve genetik programla modelleri, yeşil çatıdaki sıcaklıkdüşümünü tahmin etmede karşılaştırıldı. 9 farklı dünya şehrinin son 10 yılın günlük iklim verileri ve çatı üzerindeki sıcaklık düşümü değerleri kullanıldı. YSA ve genetik programla modellerinde iklimsel verilerin %70’i öğrenme, kalan %30’u test verisi olarak kullanıldı. YSA modelinde ağ eğitiminde “Levenberg-Marquardt backpropagation” algoritması kullanılmıştır. Sonuçlar, genetik programla modeli kullanılarak geliştirilen sıcaklık düşümü modelinin YSA modeli kullanılarak geliştirilen modelden biraz daha hassas olduğunu göstermektedir. YSA modeli %99.05 Röğrenme değerleri ile genetik programla modelinin %94.01 Rdaha iyi bir yaklaşım vermektedir.